Soon I will be recreating this site, and in the process I’ll most likely remove these older posts. Why? Because they suck. Most of them are poorly written, and I know I can do much better.
Here are the projects I will be working on:
- Compendia (Name Pending) – An iOS card game that focuses on recognizing patterns.
- Maiden Days – An action/casual strategy game for iOS.
- Personal Website – Pretty self explanatory.
- PhoneTree – A social networking solution to managing contact information.
Those are the projects I’m “zero-ing” in on. There are a few that have been placed on the back burner as well:
- Ultra Troopers – Action top-down shooter for OSX.
- The Misadventures of Mayoskin – Metroidvania style game for the Xbox.
- “Syntropy” – Platformer (my favorite type of game) for an unknown platform.
And some projects that have been cut out:
- DigiSync – Facebook contact syncing app for iOS.
- Facepalm – Facebook novelty app.
- Dragon Fierce – A top-down arcade game for iOS.
Looking forward to posting updates on these projects!
I’ve been completely bailing on both Ultra Troopers and Maiden Days, so I figured writing about it might motivate me back to work!
I have utterly failed in moving forward with any of the intended designs for either game, and have decided to down scale Ultra Troopers quite a bit so I can finish it by the competition deadline. As for Maiden Days, it’s been put on the back burner for now, and for good reason. Maybe finishing Ultra Troopers will humble me into down sizing Maiden Days. (cause right now, it definitely suffers from feature creep, although I still feel it’s doable within the next couple months)
Anyway, to the root of the problem. I’ve been working on another app, which may have some financial promise. I don’t enjoy postponing work on the games (I enjoy working on games much more than other apps) but I’m feeling pretty broke right now, and I’m feelin’ this idea quite a bit. The best part for me is the specific behavior of this program is not in other applications. (although, functional similarities are) Oh, and most importantly it doesn’t involve anything illegal and can go on the app store without being taken down.
In other news I’m considering a redesign of this site. I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to do considering this is a free wordpress account, but we’ll see!