I’ve been completely bailing on both Ultra Troopers and Maiden Days, so I figured writing about it might motivate me back to work!
I have utterly failed in moving forward with any of the intended designs for either game, and have decided to down scale Ultra Troopers quite a bit so I can finish it by the competition deadline. As for Maiden Days, it’s been put on the back burner for now, and for good reason. Maybe finishing Ultra Troopers will humble me into down sizing Maiden Days. (cause right now, it definitely suffers from feature creep, although I still feel it’s doable within the next couple months)
Anyway, to the root of the problem. I’ve been working on another app, which may have some financial promise. I don’t enjoy postponing work on the games (I enjoy working on games much more than other apps) but I’m feeling pretty broke right now, and I’m feelin’ this idea quite a bit. The best part for me is the specific behavior of this program is not in other applications. (although, functional similarities are) Oh, and most importantly it doesn’t involve anything illegal and can go on the app store without being taken down.
In other news I’m considering a redesign of this site. I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to do considering this is a free wordpress account, but we’ll see!
So it’s been a while since the last progress update on my projects. I’m already one month into the udevgames contest, and I have a basic engine working. I’d say I’ll have to work extra hard for the remainder of the competition if I intend to win. I figured I’d also throw in the links to both my forum devlog and the games page here:
P.S. Still working hard on Maiden Days as well!